Section 1: Introduction and SCCA Mission
SCCA PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLES
This section of this workbook describes the key focus of the SCCA and the guidelines for running our clinical practice and the work environment. The principles were developed shortly after the SCCA was created through a series of interviews with key leaders in all three organizations.
While these principles might seem philosophical on the one hand, they provide the organization with a focus and speak to how we are different from other healthcare organizations. The purpose, vision, and principles guide how we go about our work at the SCCA.
Purpose (Mission Statement)
The Alliance was formed to:
- Provide state-of-the-art, patient and family centered care
- Support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education
- Enhance access to improved cancer interventions and advance the standard of cancer care, regionally and beyond
To lead the world in translating scientific discovery into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of cancer.
Principles governing our practice
- Caring and compassionate environment for patients and families
- Research and teaching focused
- Seamless care across three sites of care
- Multidisciplinary team effort
- Wise stewardship of resources
- Continuous learning and involvement is critical
- Mutual respect and appreciation
- Outcomes drive our daily work
- Collaboration is key
SCCA Mission and Principles Quiz Question